Job descriptionGeneral Summary:
- This position is eligible for remote flexibility. Details will be discussed during the interview process.
COVID-19: Vaccination Requirement : One of the essential functions of this position is the ability to work on-site at one or more of Alston & Bird’s offices. Effective August 30, 2021, Alston & Bird requires all employees who access our offices to be fully vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus. By submitting your resume for consideration, you acknowledge that you will comply with A&B’s vaccination and office access policies. Any questions about A&B’s vaccination requirement should be directed to Trevor Barker, Talent Acquisition Coordinator ([email protected]).
At Alston & Bird, our people trust the people they work for, take pride in what they do, enjoy the people they work with, and serve the communities in which they live. Our environment has been praised as one of the most open and receptive in the United States, not only among law firms, but also among all businesses. Alston & Bird has been ranked by Fortune magazine as one of the "100 Best Companies to Work For©" for 22 years in a row.
Under direction of manager, the CLient Accounts Specialist performs a variety of accounting duties including analyzing client account history, researching and resolving or initiating the resolution process for disputed invoices, maintaining accurate account records electronically, while maintaining a positive client relationship. Work directly with clients, attorneys, and billing secretaries to collect past due invoices. Essential Duties:
- Analyze account history and independently prepare proper collection approach for each client, within assigned practice group responsibilities.
- Interact with clients and attorneys, predominantly via self-initiated contact, while ensuring high level of responsiveness in pursuit of continued client satisfaction.
- Handle communications from clients, and firm’s staff and attorneys, while maintaining a high level of tact and professionalism.
- Research and resolve or initiate the resolution process for disputed, and or past due
- Accurately record account status and maintain follow-up procedures electronically using ARCS collection software
Operate from established Firm and human resource procedures and guidelines under direction from supervisor. Decisions are made within prescribed operating guidelines. Contacts are normally made with others inside and outside the Firm, including administrative personnel, partners, associates and staff, as well as clients. Skills Needed to be Successful:
- Ability to express self-effectively.
- Ability to establish effective working relationships throughout the Firm. Strong command of the English language.
- Ability to effectively handle telephone calls with established Firm etiquette and professionalism.
- Ability to work effectively with clients and other team members to resolve billing disputes, while maintaining a positive and friendly client relationship.
- Thorough knowledge of Firm and Administrative Support Service standards, practices and procedures. Good business knowledge and excellent organizational skills for prioritizing workload.
- Excellent problem-solving skills a must.
- A working knowledge of Word, Excel, ARCS (Accounts Receivable Collection System) and Aderant preferred.
- Law firm or professional services firm experience preferred.
The statements contained in this position description are not necessarily all-inclusive, additional duties and responsibilities may be assigned and requirements may vary from time to time.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability you may contact us at [email protected]
Professional business references and a background check will be required for all final applicants selected for a position.
Alston & Bird is not currently accepting resumes from agencies for this position. If you are a recruiter, search firm, or employment agency, you will not be compensated in any way for your referral of a candidate even if Alston & Bird hires the candidate.
Intrested in this job?
All Related Listed jobs
All Heart Home Care Agency Brooklyn, NY 11229 $25 an hour 12 days ago
CAMBA Brooklyn, NY 11212 Today