Job descriptionGeneral Summary:
At Alston & Bird, our people trust the people they work for, take pride in what they do, enjoy the people they work with, and serve the communities in which they live. Our environment has been praised as one of the most open and receptive in the United States, not only among law firms, but also among all businesses. Alston & Bird has been ranked by Fortune magazine as one of the "100 Best Companies to Work For©" for 23 years in a row.
Alston & Bird seeks a Communications Coordinator to support the firm’s day-to-day internal and external communications needs. Based in any office, but with a preference for Los Angeles or Atlanta, and reporting to the firm’s Communications Manager, the position offers an exceptional opportunity to join a growing, collaborative team and to be part of a firm that Fortune magazine has ranked as one of the country’s “100 Best Places to Work” for 23 consecutive years, an unprecedented accomplishment among U.S. law firms.Essential Duties:
- Work closely with the firm’s Communications Manager to provide day-to-day support on all aspects of executing firm internal and external communications.
- Understand the scope of major team projects and related processes to collaborate with, back up, and support other Communications team members, as needed.
- Support Communications team mandates and priorities via drafting, editing, and research – including gathering information related to competitors, media, practice area developments and trends, and other areas.
- Monitor a range of media outlets and publications for relevant news and sharing updates with the appropriate internal parties in a timely manner.
- Edit substantive writing and various forms of content – including memos, alerts, articles, and web materials – to adhere to firm Marketing & Business Development style guidelines, processes and workflows.
- Draft content for the firm website, including news items and biography publications.
- Handle various aspects of awards nominations, including tracking deadlines, working closely with other attorneys and staff to develop nominations materials, submitting approved editorial awards nominations, tracking results and promoting positive outcomes.
- Collaborate with the Communications team and the firm’s PR agency to compile metrics and format reports related to news mentions, awards, surveys, and recognitions.
- Audit and edit event posts, biography updates, and web content originating from various Marketing & Business Development teams and other sources.
- Assist with internal leadership and administrative communications, internal intranet billboards and posts, and in-office display screens.
- Provide social media support, advice to various stakeholders, and execution.
- Post approved content on firm social media channels.
- Superb writing and editing skills with meticulous attention to detail.
- Excellent organizational habits plus strong multi-tasking and prioritization abilities.
- Outstanding interpersonal communication skills and professional presence.
- Durability and flexibility when handling fast-paced work and competing deadlines.
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office Outlook to include calendar management.
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office Word to include advanced formatting and tracking changes.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Teams, Zoom, and internal document management systems.
- Strong interest in writing, editing, legal marketing, media relations, current events, and social media strategy.
- Bachelor’s degree, with an emphasis in communications, public relations, journalism, or business writing required.
- Professional services or communications experience desired.
Alston & Bird LLP is an Equal Opportunity Employer does not discriminate on the bases of any status protected under federal, state, or local law. Applicants will be considered regardless of their sex, race, age, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition (associated with cancer, a history of cancer, or genetic characteristics), HIV/AIDS status, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, military and veteran status, or other protected category under the law on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, veteran status or disability in relation to our recruiting, hiring, and promoting practices.
The statements contained in this position description are not necessarily all-inclusive, additional duties and responsibilities may be assigned and requirements may vary from time to time.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability you may contact us at [email protected]