Posted: May 16, 2022
At Apple, our best work happens when extraordinary people meet extraordinary opportunity. Together in that rare context, we craft products and experiences that change the world, quickly becoming parts of our customers’ lives that they couldn’t imagine ever having lived without. As a writer in Apple’s Video Services group, you will play a pivotal role in crafting how millions of consumers around the world discover and enjoy movies and TV shows. It’s a particularly exciting time to join our team as we are committed to the notion that a story well-told, well-visualized, and well-experienced, on a rapidly expanding digital platform (the Apple TV app), can change the lives of those it reaches for the better. We are seeking a dynamic, highly organized writer and editor—with deep experience creating customer-facing emails and push notifications—to help craft strategic copy related to the Apple TV app and Apple TV+.
- Deep experience writing customer-facing emails and push notifications related to the worlds of TV, movies, and pop culture.
- Experience managing accelerated timelines and shifting deliverables—while being able to prioritize, communicate tradeoffs, and stay on track.
- Experience partnering with various partners (Marketing, Design, UX, Engineering) to tell stories in online environments.
- Excellent communication, cross-department collaboration, and planning skills with a strict attention to detail.
- Experience driving editorial strategy and working hands-on to realize that vision.
We’re looking for a dynamic, highly organized writer to help craft essential messaging about all things related to the Apple TV app, including Apple Originals. Based in Culver City, this role is responsible for writing and refining copy that will appear in customer-facing emails, push notifications, and marketing-driven initiatives. - Must be a top-notch writer and skilled editor who can collaborate across a wide variety of teams to ensure that our creative vision is realized in the copy that we produce. - Must also play a critical role in evolving our editorial voice and inspiring customers to not only engage with the Apple TV app, but have the best experience doing so. - The role demands being able to articulate a high-level vision and advocate for it, but also dive into the details. - It’s critical to have experience partnering with executives across an organization to understand and support upcoming priorities. - The ideal candidate is a brilliant communicator, both spoken and written, with a deep knowledge and experience writing about TV, movies, and related products—including developing and articulating value props and tailoring comms to the customer journey.
BA or above; 8+ years work experience