The AvantGarde, LLC (AG), seeks to engage a Human Resources Assistant (HRA) who will be supporting the AG client on site at the United States Capitol Police (USCP) in SW Washington, DC in the Office of Background Investigations (OBIC) by providing broad-based senior administrative and technical assistance to a federal HR team including, but not limited to, supporting all staffing, recruitment and reporting functions. Person must be able to follow instructions however have superb independent judgement in day-to-day execution of tasks.
- Support USCP by providing human resources administrative support for OBIC, providing customer service support for OBIC services via phone, email or in person visits.
- Schedule and confirm appointments, entering data into the OBIC tracking system.
- Assist OBIC representatives with the Virtual or Onsite assessment processes including coordinating and publishing itineraries, coordinating, and sharing logistical details with candidates and other offices, managing registration processes, and compiling data from assessment center outcomes for reporting.
- Monitor and manage all aspects of scheduling and emailing potential candidates associated with the OBIC’s virtual assessments, including various tests, screenings, interviews, and examinations.
- Administer onsite and/or virtual proctor responsibilities for testing groups or individuals. The proctor will be expected to maintain and follow standard testing protocol as outlined by OBIC.
- Manage schedules, maintain calendars, arrange meetings, conferences, teleconferences, and travel.
- Review work processes and identify improvements to reduce bottlenecks or increase efficiency.
- Review and reconcile travel authorization requests and travel vouchers for approvals through Momentum.
- Provide a variety of data extraction support and reporting including preparing comprehensive briefs.
- Respond to customer requests and questions in person, on the phone and virtual, maintaining confidentiality.
- Schedule candidates’ polygraph, medical, and psychological examinationps for sworn, and a limited number of civilian positions. Provide weekly report on civilian background investigations.
- Create and maintain daily case activity reports.
- Manage, organize and maintain records management for the Investigator’s case jackets filing system.
- Input, edit, and update HR information in automated systems, i.e., Talent Management System (TMS) and POBITS.
- Develop, route, and track correspondences for review and approval using SharePoint automated tracking system.
- Review administrative data from a variety of sources to develop trends, patterns, profiles, proposals, and studies.
- Manage fleet and rental vehicles to provide assignments to designated OBIC personnel and OBIC staff.
- Enter, monitor, manage, review and process OBIC time and attendance in Workbrain.
- Complete special projects as assigned by the OBIC Commander.
- High School Diploma is required; an undergraduate degree in HR or related field is strongly desired.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience providing HR or administrative support (years of experience can be substituted by demonstrated “on the job” exceptional level performance).
- Expert knowledge of MS Office.
- Skilled at preparing comprehensive reports utilizing excel and other programs.
- Experience handling incoming customers and managing hundreds of inquiries and calls from applicants and or selected candidates.
- Must have exceptional organizational skills and possess the ability to manage priorities.
- Excellent writing skills with specific attention to detail.
- Excellent demonstrated customer service skills, with effective and consistent communication skills.
- Must have demonstrated excellent attendance and punctuality in arrival to work.
- Flexibility with their approach in delivery of work.
- Must be willing to work onsite, full-time, in Downtown DC. No remote support is permitted.
- Must be able to report for work M-F, 5 days a week. Alternative flex schedule is allowed within normal work hours (i.e., between the hours of 6 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.).
- Must be able to obtain a Public Trust Clearance following USCP’s fingerprint/criminal background check process, which is unique to USCP.
- Willing to work one weekend a month to support the sworn assessment centers.
USCP is a very, fast paced and multi-organizational agency. Suitable candidates must be able to work at an optimal level in support of achieving the goals of the organization. Candidates also need to be flexible in their approach and style to learn the agency’s processes and maintain strict confidentiality of candidate information.
To learn more about AG click here: https://www.avantgarde4usa.com/about/
Since its establishment in 2011, AG has executed 110+ federal contracts as Prime Contractor. For nearly a decade, we have provided extensive expert support to clients in the areas of human capital strategy, organizational transformation, workforce planning, workload assessment, talent management, training, and other areas of human capital management and organizational development. AG’s list of federal clients includes: the U.S. Departments of Justice, Transportation, Treasury, Agriculture, and Commerce, and Defense (Army, Navy, and National Guard) as well as the U.S. House of Representatives, Architect of the Capitol, the National Science Foundation, the Commodity Futures Trading Commission, the Corporation for National and Community Service, and to name a few.
AG’s core competencies bring together solutions that address the holistic needs of our clients in four key areas: People, Process, Strategy, and Technology. Our consulting solutions and service offerings extend across four distinct areas: Human Capital Management, Organizational Development, Business Operations Support, and Information Technology. We offer a comprehensive scope of services that are specifically designed to enhance organizational efficiency, effectiveness, and adaptability.
When you consider joining AG learn about our Culture click here : https://www.avantgarde4usa.com/careers/culture/
As an Equal Employment Opportunity employer, AvantGarde LLC makes all recruitment and employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including gender and transgender status), national origin, disability status, marital status, veteran status, registered domestic partner or civilian union status, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic or status protected by federal, state and local laws. AvantGarde hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.