Job descriptionGeneral Summary: COVID-19: Vaccination Requirement: Effective August 30, 2021, Alston & Bird requires all employees who access our offices to be fully vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus. By submitting your resume for consideration, you acknowledge that you will comply with A&B’s vaccination and office access policies. Please note that proof of vaccination may be required. Any questions about A&B’s vaccination requirement should be directed to Trevor Barker, Talent Acquisition Coordinator ([email protected]).
Alston & Bird’s Charlotte office has a rare and exciting opportunity for an exceptional administrative professional to join our firm as a Legal Administrative Assistant. This position will provide direct administrative support to assigned lawyers. The right individual has a passion for providing service, loves details and organization, enjoys working with a close and efficient team, and excels in a fast-paced environment. Come grow with us! Essential Duties:
- Case and project management
- Typing, editing and proofreading correspondence and legal documents
- Entering attorney time
- Electronic filing
- Answering telephones and sorting mail
- Managing email inboxes
- Maintaining client portals
- Coordinating travel arrangements
- Processing expense reimbursements
- Interacting with clients and maintaining files
- Special projects as assigned
- 2-5 years of prior administrative experience
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Above average organizational skills
- Ability to prioritize multiple competing deadlines with ease
- A pleasant and service-focused attitude
- Ability to work with a wide array of personalities and working styles
- Ability to work as a strong member of a collaborative team
- Flexible with a roll your sleeves up mentality
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Word processing skills
- Above average skills in Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- A high school diploma is required; an Associate or Bachelor’s Degree is preferred.
At Alston & Bird, our people trust who they work for, take pride in what they do, enjoy their colleagues, and serve the communities in which they live. Our environment has been praised as one of the most open and receptive in the United States, not only among law firms, but also among all businesses. Alston & Bird has been ranked by Fortune magazine as one of the "100 Best Companies to Work For©" for 22 years in a row.
Alston & Bird LLP is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, veteran status, or disability in relation to our recruiting, hiring, and promoting practices.
The statements contained in this position description are not necessarily all-inclusive; additional duties and responsibilities may be assigned, and requirements may vary from time to time.
Professional business references and a background check will be required for all final applicants selected for a position. In accepting a position, it is understood that continued employment is contingent upon a satisfactory background check. A satisfactory background check is the absence of a criminal record which bears a demonstrable relationship to the applicant/employee’s suitability to perform the required duties and responsibilities of the position.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability you may contact us at [email protected]
Follow us on Twitter at alstonbirdllp or become a Fan of Alston & Bird LLP on Facebook!
Intrested in this job?
All Related Listed jobs
Sunstates Security Winston-Salem, NC 27105 Today
MedCerts Florida Today