Job descriptionGeneral Summary:
- Position will be office-based once COVID-19 restrictions are lifted.
COVID-19: Vaccination Requirement : One of the essential functions of this position is the ability to work on-site at one or more of Alston & Bird’s offices. Effective August 30, 2021, Alston & Bird requires all employees who access our offices to be fully vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus. By submitting your resume for consideration, you acknowledge that you will comply with A&B’s vaccination and office access policies. Any questions about A&B’s vaccination requirement should be directed to Trevor Barker, Talent Acquisition Coordinator ([email protected]).
As a Legal Support Assistant, you will be a critical part of Alston & Bird’s world class professional service staff. You will be part of a team that delivers TOP ECHELON support to our internal and external clients. The Atlanta office of Alston & Bird is accepting applications for the position of Legal Support Assistant. Essential Duties: Candidates who apply should have a strong interest in learning more about the practice of law and be eager to develop and apply the highest standards of excellence to all assigned duties. Legal Support Assistant positions have historically provided excellent opportunities for future growth within the practice area and firm.
- Knowledge of and experience with general office software such as Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook is preferred.
- A working knowledge of general office procedures and filing techniques, along with the capability to concentrate on details and prioritize work is essential.
- Ideal candidates should have the ability to work independently, communicate effectively, efficiently handle a shifting workload, and analyze complex situations.
- Strong candidates will offer flexibility to extend their working hours occasionally when required by business need. This includes performing a variety of administrative duties including: project work; database entry; file maintenance; file organization; file indexing; file closing; preparation of file labels and folders; document production; binder organization; and assisting with copying.
- Previous experience in a professional work environment.
- A four-year college degree is preferred.
- General knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook is highly desirable.
Alston & Bird LLP is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the bases of any status protected under federal, state, or local law. Applicants will be considered regardless of their sex, race, age, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition (associated with cancer, a history of cancer, or genetic characteristics), HIV/AIDS status, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, military and veteran status, or other protected category under the law on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, veteran status or disability in relation to our recruiting, hiring, and promoting practices.
The statements contained in this position description are not necessarily all-inclusive, additional duties and responsibilities may be assigned and requirements may vary from time to time.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability you may contact us at [email protected]
Professional business references and a background check will be required for all final applicants selected for a position.
Alston & Bird is not currently accepting resumes from agencies for this position. If you are a recruiter, search firm, or employment agency, you will not be compensated in any way for your referral of a candidate even if Alston & Bird hires the candidate.
Follow us on Twitter at alstonbirdllp or become a Fan of Alston & Bird LLP on Facebook!
Intrested in this job?
All Related Listed jobs
Minerals Technologies Inc. Colony, WY Today