Posted: Apr 15, 2022
At Apple, new insights have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. To help Apple get there, the Connected Media software team is seeking a self-motivated Software Engineer to ensure a stellar Media Experience across the entire Apple Ecosystem. Do you bring passion and dedication to your job? If yes, we are looking for individuals like you. This team is a part of the Interactive Media Group (IMG) that provides the media and graphics foundation across all of Apple's innovative products including iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch, AppleTV, HomePod, Mac and the AirPod/Beats line of Products. The team has played a major role in delivering some of the recent exciting features such as SharePlay, Microphone usage reporting, automatic AirPods switching devices, Picture-In-Picture, HomePod as permanent speaker for Apple TV, AirPlay2, and customized haptics and audio feedback for apps. As a member of this team, you will have an outstanding opportunity to work across all Apple products and play a central role in the audio software stack. As part of middleware, we interpret an application's desired audio behavior and configure the underlying audio stack accordingly. Working in conjunction with design and other engineering teams, we are in charge of all the audio routing and system policies that impact user behavior as defined here: https://developer.apple.com/design/human-interface-guidelines/ios/user-interaction/audio/ (https://developer.apple.com/design/human-interface-guidelines/ios/user-interaction/audio/).
- Excellent programming skills with knowledge of C/C++ or Objective-C
- Knowledge of computer architecture, multi-threading and high-level operating systems
- Proficient in debugging problems in a large code base
- Produce good quality work under tight schedules and rapid development cycles
The Connected Media team is looking for a software engineer with strong technical, programming, debugging and analytical skills. You will be involved in all stages of developing ground breaking features as well as supporting our existing ecosystem.
BS/MS IN COMPUTER SCIENCE OR EQUIVALENT
- ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS (NICE TO HAVE, BUT NOT REQUIRED):
- Experience working in audio or media software stacks
- Debugging sophisticated problems in a highly concurrent environments
- Ability to work with designers and recommend behavioral policies based on hardware and software capabilities and limitations
- Ability to work with quality engineers to develop test plans for new features
- A track record of designing and building architectural platforms that hold up over time to the addition of new features and hardware platforms