Job descriptionGeneral Summary: At Alston & Bird, our people trust the people they work for, take pride in what they do, enjoy the people they work with, and serve the communities in which they live. Our environment has been praised as one of the most open and receptive in the United States, not only among law firms, but also among all businesses. Alston & Bird has been ranked by Fortune magazine as one of the "100 Best Companies to Work For©" for 23 years in a row.
Alston & Bird's Atlanta office is seeking an experienced Corporate Immigration Paralegal to work in our Immigration practice group. This paralegal, under the direction of attorneys, will perform a variety of duties. Candidates should be self-starters, highly organized, and team players. The ideal candidate will excel in the management of client relationships and caseloads, and in solving complex problems. Overtime is often needed to meet client deadlines. Essential Duties:
- Manage client relations - monitor/address email, phone and other queries.
- Prepare/monitor H-1B, L-1, TN, E1/E2, E-3, P-1, O-1 and other Nonimmigrant Petitions.
- Prepare/monitor Immigrant/permanent resident processes filings, including PERM labor certifications, I-140 Petitions, Multinational manager, NIW, Outstanding Researcher, EB-2 & EB-3 employment/PERM-based, etc.; I-130 Petitions, and I-485 applications.
- Prepare/monitor N-400, IV and NIV revocation, etc.
- Prepare in-depth factual and or analytical responses to Requests for Evidence and DOL Audit requests, including research on current case law and supporting regulations.
- Prepare in-depth factual and/or analytical summary of options, and or memo/summary.
- Monitor expiration dates and prepare case status reports for clients, including the use of a variety of technologies.
- Regular overtime is required for this position.
- At least 3 years of prior corporate Immigration paralegal experience.
- Ability to organize and prioritize numerous tasks and complete them under time constraints.
- Ability to concentrate and pay close attention to detail.
- Ability to proofread typed material for contextual, grammatical, typographical or spelling errors.
- Interpersonal skills necessary in order to communicate and follow instructions effectively from clients, attorneys and staff and provide information with ordinary courtesy and tact.
- Self-motivated and able to thrive in a fast paced environment.
- Critical thinking, complex problem solving skills, attention to detail, ability to work well with others and excellent writing skills.
- Completion of a Bachelor's degree and/or a paralegal certificate are required.
The statements contained in this position description are not necessarily all-inclusive, additional duties and responsibilities may be assigned and requirements may vary from time to time.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability you may contact us at [email protected]
Professional business references and a background check will be required for all final applicants selected for a position.
Intrested in this job?
All Related Listed jobs
MDStaff, LLC (HDAMDSTAFF) Harrisburg, PA Today
Logan Health Kalispell, MT Today