First things First: Who are we?
First America is the largest passenger transportation company in North America, we provide passenger transport and maintenance services to municipalities, school districts and the general public in the U.S. and Canada. Our 4.8 billion operation is headquartered in Cincinnati, OH and employs more than 96,000 employees at 1,200 locations in 38 states and 7 Canadian provinces.
Looking for a new opportunity? Move forward with our First Transit division as a Talent Acquisition Specialist! In this role, you will be an integral part of our Talent Acquisition Team, assisting hiring managers with their driver recruitment strategy!
- Providing first class customer service to both internal hiring managers and job candidates
- Partnering with hiring managers on advertising support to all assigned locations
- Providing full-cycle recruitment support
- Effectively training new location staff on proper utilization of our ATS
- Partnering with managers to ensure advertising sources are cost effective and yield positive results
- Pulling and analyzing ATS data
- Participating in regional conference calls to provide recruiting updates/best practices.
- Misc. duties as assigned
Experience & Skills Required:
- Knowledge in Application Tracking Systems required
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Organizational Development or related field (preferred)
- Previous recruitment experience required, including sourcing & screening candidates
- High-volume, full cycle experience preferred
- Excellent verbal, written and communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Sense of urgency
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products.
First for a Reason
- Community Service & Impact
Go where opportunity meets community. Our customers are at the heart of everything we do. As the face of First Student, First Transit and First Vehicle Services in your community, you’ll have a positive impact on others.
- Extensive Training
Build skills and knowledge in such areas as safety and security, injury prevention, technology and equipment, and job efficiency.
- Professional Advancement
Start here. Go far. We believe in promoting from within … which means tremendous opportunities for you, thanks to our strong presence across North America. In addition, our 18-month Aspiring Manager Program prepares future leaders at First Student or First Transit.
- Diversity & Inclusion
Because we’re stronger together, we aspire to have a culture where all people are First. We’re committed to providing an inclusive and diverse working environment for everyone every day.
We offer competitive compensation and benefits, including physical and mental health initiatives, medical/dental/vision, 401(k), and paid holiday/vacation.
About First Transit
We aspire to have a culture where all people are First. We strive to attract and retain a diverse workforce therefore all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. First is also committed to providing a drug-free workplace. For candidates applying to positions in San Francisco or Los Angeles California, First will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance or Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance. First is an equal opportunity employer and by doing so we will sustain and promote an inclusive culture that supports future growth for all.