Job descriptionGeneral Summary:
- This position is eligible for remote flexibility. Details will be discussed in the interview process.
Alston & Bird LLP has grown to become a leading international firm while remaining steeped in a culture with client service and teamwork as the cornerstones of all that we do. As a Training Specialist you will work within the Practice Innovation Group, whose goal is to provide everyone at the firm with the applications, resources, and training they need to succeed. The Training Specialist role at Alston & Bird is unique in that you will usually be brought it at the beginning of projects and deployments so that you can test and learn the systems before developing documentation/videos and providing training. Further, because we believe collaboration is the key to success in training efforts, you will work closely with peers, managers, directors, and leadership from all business units firmwide in order to determine, design, and deliver high impact training. Essential Duties:
- Comprehensively train and orientate new and existing Alston & Bird employees on firm policies, procedures, and operation and layout of computer, remote technologies, telephone systems, and any other technical requirements.
- Train all employees on computer system specific to job requirements and needs.
- Assist in assessment of training needs throughout the firm and develop training courses and other deliveries to address performance and productivity improvement.
- Assist in all stages of new product software rollouts – needs assessment, course design, development of training materials, schedule coordination, communications/marketing, training delivery, and tracking.
- Ensure that all training decisions and outputs support the firm’s overall business strategies.
- Manage training-based projects.
- Anticipate and/or respond quickly to customer needs and requests and provide the highest level of customer service in all interactions.
- Maintain a technical knowledge of all aspects of Alston & Bird’s technology infrastructure. Remain current with enhancements made to software packages supported by the firm.
- Write, update, and distribute training materials.
- Develop eLearning content.
- Deliver live, online training sessions.
- Deliver hybrid training as needed and moderate your own sessions.
- Deliver instruction in a classroom setting with one to several employees.
- Travel to remote offices and train users as needed (very infrequently).
- Support ABuniversity (the firm’s LMS) by posting, uploading, and managing courses, classes, and related training information and materials.
- Time permitting, and at discretion of supervisor, assist in other projects within any other A&B department
- Ability to establish successful working relationships throughout the firm
- Ability to effectively handle email, chats, and telephone contacts with all levels of firm personnel and external clients and vendors
- Excellent organizational skills for preparing training and prioritizing workload
- Thorough command of the English language, including excellent spelling, grammar, punctuation, and syntax
- Expert knowledge of firm and legal software and Microsoft Office products combined with an overall technical aptitude
- Ability to originate, re-write, and update software user instructions
- Ability to comprehend and have thorough working knowledge of computers and software for training personnel
- Must have at least 3 or more years of solid professional experience in training. Legal training experience is preferred.
- Associates or bachelor’s degree is not required but preferred.
- Equivalent work experience/education will be taken into consideration.
The statements contained in this position description are not necessarily all-inclusive, additional duties and responsibilities may be assigned and requirements may vary from time to time.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability you may contact us at [email protected]
Professional business references and a background check will be required for all final applicants selected for a position.
Alston & Bird is not currently accepting resumes from agencies for this position. If you are a recruiter, search firm, or employment agency, you will not be compensated in any way for your referral of a candidate even if Alston & Bird hires the candidate.